Making my debut with 7 Quick Takes!
1. I have been reading Jen’s blog for years and always make sure to stop over on Friday’s to read all the great takes, so I am thrilled to finally jot down my own 7! I have never had the privilege of meeting Jen in real life, but she is a fabulous guest on the radio show I produce and I feel like a star having my voice heard in Minor Revisions.
2. It turns out we are hosting my husband’s family for Easter this year. I am a little nervous and slightly overwhelmed, you see he is the youngest of 11 and there are about 25 nieces and nephews, but who’s counting. We have only had about half of the family in our house at one time, so figuring out the logistics to this may be tricky. Looking for suggestions and tips in meeting the needs of that many people at one time in one place…
3. Feeling down and discouraged, having one of those moments when you wonder if God is really hearing your prayers. In that moment of crying out to God, He reassures you right then and there in that exact moment, that He’s got this, He’s in control. Continue to push on, persevere and keep the faith! In that moment your tears instantly switch from those of sorrow to those of joy, tears of gratefulness and praise, because once again you’re reminded He’s got this, He’s got you!
“Faith is like a dark tunnel: God gives us the Light to take one step at a time. The Light is not given to see the end of the tunnel.” – Fr. Walter Ciszek
4. I am not complaining about the weather, but I was looking forward to spending some time with my family this weekend. Good ole Mother Nature changed my plans with an April blizzard leaving 12 inches of snow in its path!
5. You know you have a haircut gone bad when the only compliment you hear on it is from your husband, who is just trying to get you to leave the house. Of course there was the one person at work who notices and the conversation goes like this:
A: Oh you got your haircut?
Me: Yeah, not sure if I like it though.
A: Well, it’s short.
I guess it keeps you humble.
6. What Did the Fox Say? Well, just the other morning we saw Mr. Fox frolicking in our back yard in the field behind our house. Keep in mind we live in suburbia not in the country, this isn’t supposed to happen. I was sort of freaked out by a fox that close to our house, of course my husband thinks it would be great to have around to help control the mice population. I can just see myself sitting out on the deck reading a book this summer and all of a sudden being terrified by the sight of it, forcing me to live the rest of those sunny days as a hermit locked up in my house! (The picture is a bit blurry, our camera wasn’t charged so we opted to use the tablet which does a nice job of pixilating.)
7. I was writing up my About page and reading a sentence to my husband to get his input, “I like good coffee, good wine and good friends.” His response with no hesitation, it sounds like you have a drinking problem. Needless to say I scratched that line.