Spring is here, well almost. The way this winter has been 35 degrees is the new 50! I have been looking at spring clothes online for months and have come to accept that someday in a galaxy far away I may be able to wear something that shows my ankle. For those of you who live in that far off galaxy I thought I would share a few shopping tips as you head out to add something other than wool to your wardrobe.
1. Do a little online browsing ahead of time. It’s good to know what’s trending, what stores are a hit or miss and what items will compliment the clothes you already own. This will also help keep you from impulse purchases.
2. Buy versatile pieces. I always ask myself can I wear this to work, with jeans and to Sunday Mass. Does it go with more than one item in my closet, can it be worn with a variety of pieces to create a new outfit over and over again.
3. Never buy full price. Although it may be hard to walk away from the must have piece that will redeem your wardrobe, you can easily redeem your bank account as well if you just wait until it’s 30, 40 or 50% off!
4. Transcend the seasons. If I live in the arctic can it be layered with a sweater or blazer. For skirts and dresses can it also be worn with boots and leggings in addition to the sandals and peep toe pumps.
5. Use the buddy system. It’s always better to go shopping with a friend, besides the good company they provide they can also help you make some tough decisions and let you know if it’s a must have or if it’s just okay. Added bonus they can run and get that other size for you as well, so you don’t feel left stranded in the fitting room. (In my experience husbands are probably not the buddy you should pick for your shopping excursion.)