Throwback picture to 2015 when we had just landed in the U.S. from Ghana. Finally with my boys, the ones who began my mom life!
1. It is Friday, yippee!!! A four day week that turned into ten, with a few sleepless nights sprinkled in. We have all had those moments, days and weeks when our brains seem as if they turned to mush and our toddler can complete a task more successfully than us.
2. When you sweep the entire floor and have enough food in the dust pan for a meal, but for some reason mistakenly throw it on top of a box of granola bars sitting in the pantry instead of in the garbage.
3. After heating up the baby’s bottle you try to give it to the toddler. Her response,”Mama I am not a baby, I am a big girl. Silly mama!!”
4. A weekend full of social events planned including Caden’s first birthday party and everything gets cancelled, because the poor little man came down with a severe case of hand, foot and mouth.
5. You walk downstairs to get something and the moment you reach the last step you begin to wonder why you are downstairs.
6. Reaching for the perfume you grab the hairspray instead, spraying it as if it was your body mist.
7. Brewing a fully caffeinated extra strong cup of coffee you hand it to your seven year old instead of his hot chocolate. He doesn’t say anything until almost the entire cup is gone.
A side note…loving these cooler days of low 70s. May have to venture out and find some mums this weekend. Join Kelly for writing that is more coherent and well thought out.