1.Good thing I don’t make New Year’s resolutions as I would have failed in the department of devoting time to the blog, but I have not been neglecting writing altogether. Nope, I have been doing lots and lots of writing in the past couple of months as I am excited to announce that I am co-authoring a book. Please pray for this project as it will touch many hearts. We hope to have it released in October. More details to come!!
2. Winter. Will it ever end? The boys have now exceeded days off and makeup days. If they have another delay or snow day time will be added on to the end of the school year. Honestly, who wants to be in the classroom any longer in June, teachers and students alike.
3. Thankfully, the winter weather was semi-cooperative recently that we could actually take advantage of outdoor sport including sledding and taking the kids ice skating. The boys even dug out a little fort, which everyone enjoyed including the salty snow to go with it. Enough with winter it makes the headlines nearly every night in this state.
4. Last Fall Caden was diagnosed with Lyme disease so most of the months leading up to Christmas were devoted to finding the best care and treatment for him. We would have never thought Lyme, except he had the rash appear on his arms and legs which led us to go further and have him tested. Thankfully he is off the rigorous course of antibiotics as of a week ago and doing well. Not much slows the little man down! He is convinced he is two and acts like he is four.
5. Lent is right around the corner and although it is much later than normal it still seems to say, surprise your penance awaits you! I am looking forward to reading Searching for and Maintaining Peace and having some discussion with some other moms in the area. There is also a weekly podcast on it. I also considered the Blessed is She devotional, but wanted something a bit more scheduled out to hold me accountable. I found this book that we will be reading as a family, which offers a different daily fast for the family to practice throughout each day of Lent.
6. Happened upon this lovely succulent box for a reasonable price. Thinking of ways to make it green inside since I can only dream of green outside. Perhaps I will soon succumb to “growing” faux flowers in the house, tulips or roses should do the trick.
7. A friend of mine, who is an amazing artist recently started doing custom water color family portraits on her etsy shop for families that have little ones awaiting them in heaven. What a beautiful gift to those grieving and reminder for those of us with little saints already in heaven.
Happy weekend!! Linked with Kelly for more.