1. Last day of school photo, need I say more. Despite their excitement by day two of summer break they had me driving through the school parking lot just so they could see their school again.
2. I have a feeling by summer’s end I will need a secluded retreat that involves all down time and lots of sleeping. Three days in and we have had a game of kickball, playdate and zoo trip.
3. While I am trying to cut down on my list making obsession I am having the boys take it over. I have asked them for a list of things they would like to do this summer. A summer bucket list that doesn’t include movies, TV or screen time.
4. I saw a meme on facebook that said something along the lines of, you only have 18 summers with your kids, use them wisely. Here is to memories made and laughter had.
5. Speaking of retreat I am really looking forward to the Blessed Is She retreat later this year. Now to prepare everyone for mom being gone more than two hours without kids. When I told Kolbe about the idea he gasped with shock and horror that I would even think of leaving them for a full two days.
6. Caden is nine months old!! Fastest nine months, now if only the previous nine months of pregnancy would have gone by as quickly. Second haircut in the books and he is looking more and more like a toddler. Not sure I can cope with it.
7. Officially potty training Grace and admit that I have no idea what I am doing. She is doing really great for my D- effort. For some reason she always has to go when I am nursing Caden or not trying to burn dinner. Struggling with my consistency and realizing I need to allow more time especially when we are going somewhere. Maybe four is a good age?
Linked up late, better than never. Happy weekend!!