The week goes by so quickly and it’s easy to get caught up in the daily grind. Linking with Kelly and looking back on the little things.
1. Waking up to my coffee already brewed by my 5 year old and not in a Keurig he knows how to do it the old fashioned way. One observant little boy or one coffee loving mom. I was so impressed he even got the grounds to water ratio right. Loving my little barista!
2. While we were sleeping the boys also took to making us some homemade pancakes from scratch. Their very own recipe complete with trail mix, oats, sesame stix, walnuts and raisins and a bit of flour!
3. After 18 months Aaron and I finally went on our first official date night since becoming parents. How I wish it to be a regular occurrence. It wouldn’t have happened, but some great friends invited us out and offered to bring one of their kids as a free babysitter, so grateful! Of course Grace got to tag along.
4. Never gets old seeing this smiling face. She continues to be smothered by her brothers and is officially sitting up.
5. Grace has also started eating solids. For now I have committed to making homemade baby food, so far so good. We have been successful with oats and bananas. The experience is making me feel a bit crunchy as I attempt this.
6. After mass on Sunday a woman came up to me to say hello and let me know she is a reader of the blog, it was great talking with you Joan! I love meeting readers and am humbled when they tell me how they have prayed for our family. It means the world, so grateful for this little community!
7. A hot week with multiple days in the 90’s, gave way to lazy summer days. Complete with getting wet, popsicles and movies.