1. Exciting news!! EWTN will be featuring Nursery of Heaven the beginning of December! I am doing two episodes on At Home with Jim and Joy airing December 2 and 3 at 1:30pm ET/12:30pm CT. I am incredibly humbled, honored and a tiny bit nervous to say the least!! If you think of it, please say a prayer for me. (And a prayer for Aaron as he takes care of all five kiddos for three days, while I am away taping.)
2. During the shows I will be talking about the book I co-authored, Nursery of Heaven and the topic of miscarriage, stillbirth and infant loss. How can we find healing, what role does our faith play, how can we honor the life of our child and how can we find hope.
3. Check out the Nursery of Heaven facebook page. During the month of October, both Patrick and myself shared some videos about grieving and healing. In the coming months contributors to the book will be sharing as well. It is my hope that in creating community and sharing our hearts, healing and hope will be found.
4. In years past it was my goal to have Christmas shopping done before the start of Advent. While I was hoping to accomplish that for this year, the truth is I haven’t even begun and the start of Advent is less than two weeks away. I blame the week of 70 degrees here and somehow it subconsciously told my brain that it was only October, but here we are counting down to Thanksgiving and the start of Advent already!
5. I normally don’t start decorating for Christmas until December 1 and that is only the minimal, the fireplace mantle and stockings. Everything else including the tree goes up on St. Nicholas Day. This year I have been tempted to start early, because it’s 2020 and nothing has been normal. In addition to our tradition of reading Christmas stories in the evening with the children we also use these beautiful books during Advent, Daily Advent Prayers and 24 Christmas Stories to Welcome Jesus.
6. For the month of November I have been writing down one thing I am grateful for every day. It is from the small to the big, from something as simple as a text from a sibling to a friend gifting our family. I can tell already how it has helped me keep perspective and see all things as a gift. I truly love this quote.
Thank God ahead of time. – Blessed Solanus Casey
7. Five years into the mom gig and I have reached a new standard of motherhood, putting on gloves and fishing out a tube of toothpaste floating around in the toilet with poop. Because Briella thinks everything belongs in the potty and happened to sneak this fancy move in while I was attending to Caden.
Just in case your Monday has been off to a rough start, think toothpaste in the toilet and you immediately know things really aren’t that bad.
(Since my posting has been hit and miss lately, check out my instagram for more thoughts and ponderings.)