He is giving up sleeping through the night for Lent and opting to be a daytime dreamer.
1. In recent news I have become an official contributor for Catholic Mom. I will be adding content to their site once a month. I am excited to be able to write and share my heart with moms! Hopefully by God’s grace, offering some inspiration, encouragement and laughter as we all do this motherhood thing together.
2. Lent. Kolbe and Ethan are already asking how many days we have left and are quick to remind me of the homily last week about giving up coffee. They don’t realize the sacrifice in just having one cup. As I wrote about on Catholic Mom last week, I often feel overwhelmed with trying to do too much and feel like I fail already on day 2.
3. (Getting a little long for one take) This Lent I am still finding myself doing several small things, but with the overall goal of my journey being to find balance and render my heart. I want that theme to continue even after Lent is over and not just something for 40 days. To daily make decisions and sacrifices that will help bring balance into my often crazy life and cause me to be still in the chaos. Ultimately rendering my heart to God who created it to simply long for Him.
4. I reminded the boys this morning that getting up at 6:00am was not favorably looked upon and probably means an early bedtime. Their reply, “Mom we have been getting up early to pray the Chaplet before getting ready for school.” Saints in the making. Keeping mom humble. They didn’t get their piety from me.
5. Recently discovered this amazing chicken enchilada recipe, a new fave. Not recommended for those on paleo diets, Whole 30 or trying to eat healthy, but delish non the less! (Addition to the recipe, make extra sauce because the next day leftovers tend to be a bit more dry than when eaten fresh.)
7. Looking at 40 degrees this weekend. Heading to the zoo to see the baby penguins.
Linked up with Kelly.