1. Coming back for another 7, linking up with Jen. Thanks for the tips and suggestions for hosting Easter! I have taken to pinterest to find some simple ways to add a little spring in the step. (My husband warned me that if I do too nice of a job I may be volunteered to host every holiday.) I am feeling pretty chill about it, that is until I see some kind of forecast that would involve large amounts of snow in April!
2. Some mothers are expecting a child in their womb for 9 months and as result have stretch marks; other mothers are expecting a child in their heart for years and as a result have stress marks! Although I am not seeing the normal physical changes that happen to one’s body when expecting a child, I see how the adoption process is changing my heart. It’s through the waiting, the ups and downs of the process, the unknowns and complete abandonment that is leaving me changed. It’s making me stretch outside of being comfortable, outside of the certainty to a new level of trust and love.
3. I am working on being grateful for the small things…I had mentioned the other day to my husband that I was having a really rough and stressful day. With that in mind come 5:30pm, he suggests we just pick up subs for dinner so I don’t have to worry about cooking, thank. you. I guess this may actually not fall into the “small things” category because not having to make dinner was a huge thing, it’s usually the last thing I care to do after coming home from a long day at work.
4. Speaking of being grateful, I feel like I need to give a shout out to Mother Nature (just so it’s on the record) for giving us a couple of days of 60 degrees. It’s amazing to see everyone come out of hibernation and quite refreshing to go for a nice stroll in the evening.
5. Fashion Find. I am all about shopping on a budget and finding great deals that also are appealing to the wardrobe. This find from Old Navy fits the bill for only $19.00! I almost passed them by, because they appeared a little frumpy on the rack, but look much cuter on. These pants are super comfy and versatile. I plan on dressing them up with a blouse and heels for work, but will be a staple for casual wear with a t-shirt and some flats.
6. Just call us the wildlife sanctuary. Only a few days after the fox sighting, I woke up and saw four deer bedded down in our yard around 6:00am. I am guessing it was where they laid their head all night, since they were pretty content in spite of me trying to have a photo session and blinding them with the flash. I couldn’t get them all to squeeze together to fit in the frame, so only three are included.
7. Looking for a little consolation on this one and hoping I am not alone. I was recently in a conversation about temperaments and was sharing about my list making obsession. I explained that even when something wasn’t on the list, but accomplished that day I add it to the list just for the mere satisfaction of crossing it off. Other people do this too, right?