I gave this here old blog a little bit of a facelift. I think it was overdue. Hard to believe it has been seven years that I have been sharing in this space. I had always been meaning to start a blog for awhile and with the encouragement of a good friend I made it a Lenten commitment. There have been seasons of life where I haven’t shown up on here as much and at other times finding myself writing more regularly.
The blog started as a path of healing for my heart. After suffering repeated miscarriages I found writing to be a tool to help with the grief. I also wanted to let others know they were not alone. A quiet population of women, suffering, experiencing loss and longing for healing. Now seven years and five kids later, my message is hope and encouragement.
Five things about me:
- My husband and I wedded in a December blizzard, I like to see it as God’s way of preparing us for the storms ahead.
- Prior to mom life, I worked as a producer in Catholic Radio for eight years.
- Four months after adopting our oldest sons I became pregnant with our daughter. (I said that would never happen to us, but we are that couple.)
- I am Martha, trying to learn to be a little more like Mary.
- I suffer through Mid-West winters and cannot wait for Spring!
You will find me writing about motherhood, the joys, trials and the everyday. I have a heart for adoption and for those who have suffered loss. It was a long process, but I have learned that life goes best when I let the Holy Spirit lead. I can’t promise a gourmet recipe or a fancy home makeover, but somewhere along the way I hope you laugh, are inspired and feel encouraged. And never forget that even in the ordinary everyday, God is at work always doing something extraordinary.
If you are new to the site, I would love to have you join me in the journey. You can subscribe on the right, I promise not to bother you too much!
Photo credit: @squidphotographygb
Website credit: @studiomommy
Leave a Reply