1. After what seemed like an arctic freeze for two weeks, it is suddenly feeling like we are on the brink of Spring! When it is 45 degrees in Wisconsin at the end of February you open a few windows and dig out the bikes. My older boys are asking when they can start wearing shorts.
2. With the warmer weather I start dreaming about green. Green grass, green leaves on the trees, green plants, etc. With my track record of killing an aloe plant and a succulent, I stick with the faux version for inside the house. Thankfully they make some great look alike options, green grass stems and artificial plants.
3. At Mass on Sunday our priest asked how Lent was going. Caden answered quite loudly, “Good!” It gave our priest a laugh. The little ones are counting down until Easter on their Lenten Road Map and I am finding that God gives me the Lent he wants me to have. If you need some ideas for your family, Family Rosary collaborated with some of my writing and put together an eBook, Transform Your Family this Lent.
4. Thinking of Easter I recently came across two beautiful shops by Catholic artisans, which are sure to add beauty to your Easter table setting. Whether it is an elegant table cloth or paper plates and napkins.
5. I was blessed to share last week with The Catholic Woman, Life After Loss: Discovering the Next Chapter of Motherhood After Several Miscarriages.
A beautiful tapestry that God was weaving, but for years all I could see was the tangled yarn below. In the moments of silence, God was at work preparing and forming my heart for something new.
6. Thought I should end with giving you a laugh. A few weeks back we were having friends from out of state over for dinner. Aaron kindly did the grocery shopping for me the evening before, between running the older boys to basketball practice. As I was preparing dinner and chopping cilantro, I suddenly felt a sense of panic come over me. I could not smell the cilantro, so I tasted a little and it had no taste. I felt so bad that we would have to cancel our dinner plans, because surely I lost my taste and smell and must have Covid-19. I looked a little closer at the said cilantro and to my relief discovered that the label actually said “Italian Parsley.”
Leave a Reply