I contemplated waiting to share these Easter recipes until I had a few less than quality pictures to go along with the sweet treats. Decided to share them now in case you are still scrambling to figure out a menu!
Both of these recipes are family favorites. The pecan rolls is a recipe of my grandma’s and one I loved growing up and still do. For some reason I am still struggling to perfect it to taste just like mom’s. Perhaps it’s because I am scrambling to make them at 5:30am so we can eat them before leaving for Easter Mass.
The chocolate dessert is one my mom has made every Easter since I can remember, makes me miss home over the holiday.
3 packages buttermilk biscuits (make sure to buy the regular size, otherwise they won’t turn out)
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Butter
1/3 cup Cream
- Grease bundt pan and spread pecans on the bottom. Layer biscuits in pan. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon between each layer.
- Mix brown sugar, butter and cream in saucepan. Bring to a light boil. Pour over pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Chocolate Pudding Torte
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 1/2 sticks Butter
2/3 cup Chopped Pecans
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 large Jello Instant Chocolate Pudding
3 cups Milk
12 oz. Cool Whip
- Combine flour, melted butter and pecans. Press mixture into 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and half of cool whip until smooth. Spread over cooled crust.
- Combine pudding mix with 3 cups milk and beat until thick. Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining cool whip on top and refrigerate.
- Garnish with chopped pecans.