1. Joining Quick Takes this week for a short 7. It’s all my mom brain can formulate.
2. Realizing the drawback of being mom, there is no PTO or sick days. When you are sick you just keep going and going! Grateful for screen time, easy dinners and an energetic backup at 5:30pm.
3. On Tuesday we were going for walks, biking and playing at the park…
4. …and on Wednesday we were shoveling the driveway and sledding. Wonders of the Midwest, if you can see any wonder in a spring snowstorm!!
5. Sharing one of my favorite Easter desserts…cheesecake! And a whole lot of it!! I found this recipe a few years ago, because I needed something to serve a crowd and the normal springform pan would not do. It says it only serves 8-10, but I would say more around 12-14.
6. What’s your favorite Easter treat, homemade or otherwise?
7. Hoping everyone has a blessed Holy Week as we prepare for Easter. The boys have been rehearsing “He is Risen, Alleluia!!”
We had the spring snowstorm too—yuck! My favorite Easter treat are deviled eggs with a twist. I make Japanese fusion ones and will be posting the recipe soon! I agree with you about being a hands-on parent. Suck days are rough!
Everyday Ann says
I am going to be looking forward to your recipe, I always need something to do with all the eggs!
Here’s the recipe, Ann. I think your boys would like dyeing eggs this way! Enjoy 🙂
Gretchen NC says
Oh my goodness! I don’t really have any favorite Easter recipes. I have to say that growing up we just have a lot of egg salad sandwiches and jelly beans. I am still trying to figure out what I want to do for Easter. Of you are not already familiar with it http://www.holyheroes.com is an awesome website with daily coloring pages and short videos for amazing catechesis for very young children and older as well. Anyway I was thinking about doing some lamb for dinner. Unsure of the rest. I’m hoping to do Easter egg hunting in our big backyard for the little ones. Either way a great celebration is in order. Until then I am still trying to figure out the best way to invoke a spirit of penance during holy week.
Everyday Ann says
Thank you for the suggestion, I am definitely going to check out Holy Heroes as I have not heard of it. I am right with you, still trying to figure out the best way to make the most of holy week.