1. Adding my seven for the week and linking up with Kelly as Friday comes to a close. Quickly typing this out during one of my favorite times of the day, the boys at “recess” and Grace napping at the same time! My hour of bliss and usually the time I find myself sneaking chocolate.
2. Yay for Fall! As much as I love summer I love when the weather gets a little cooler and the wardrobe changes to jeans and a sweater. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin creamer, pumpkin candles and the list goes on. Grace is even enjoying the festive spirit eating homemade pumpkin apple spice oatmeal.
3. I am enjoying the home schooling routine that we have found ourselves now into, but one drawback is that I feel like I don’t see outside the four walls of our house much. This week I learned of fun-filled educational opportunities for the boys to participate in outside of the house. I can’t wait to get them signed up, already on the agenda two field trips for next week! Because who said home schoolers can’t have fun!
Excited for school!
4. My heart absolutely melts when I watch the boys interact with Grace. Almost 9 months later and they are still completely in love with their baby sister. They tell me that she may be my daughter, but she is their baby because they prayed for a sister.
Teaching her the finer things of life, how to build with duplos.
5. I have been struggling lately to find time for myself, sounds selfish typing it out. I realize that motherhood is giving and sacrifice, but the whirlwind the past 20 months have been I am recognizing my need for balance to be able to give myself more joyfully and completely to my family. This week I made an effort to commit to make time for daily prayer as I realize first and foremost prayer is what will fill me. Nothing extensive or lengthy, just time to quiet myself before my God, read the Gospel and listen. What a difference it has made in my outlook.
6. Although my birthday isn’t for months, the boys threw me a birthday party. It was in the middle of a crazy day and I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish during their “recess” and Grace napping. They kept asking me to come downstairs, because they had something to show me. So grateful I stopped and lived that moment as it was a party they had prepared just for me!
7. A beautiful quote I read this week and it’s too good not to share. “Someone who goes through life with an open heart always finds something to be thankful for!” Fr. Kentenich
Looks like a good spread for the birthday party!
How sweet of your boys! Happy early birthday to you! 😉
Everyday Ann says
Haha, thank you!