Beach baby. Not sure if he ended up with more sand in his hair or in his mouth.
1. Ready to enjoy the weekend with some family coming to visit. Although the forecast is calling for lots of rain I am pretty sure we will manage to keep everyone entertained. The indoor trampoline park and the movie theater may just be calling our name.
2. We have finished all of our scheduled summer activities (woohoo) and have August free, I cannot wait. After 3 months of baseball and 4 weeks of swimming lessons I think we are all ready to stay home. Grace has been asking to stay at home even when it comes to play dates, I think the running has been enough for her. Can’t wait to sit outside while the kids run through the sprinklers and eat popsiscles.
3. Yesterday’s grocery shopping endeavor felt like a real defeat. I am used to every once in awhile getting the, oh you have your hands full comments. This excursion, I am pretty sure someone said it to me every. single. aisle. It didn’t help that the two year old was constantly screaming and the older boys were doing everything in their power to irritate her. Epic failure in showing the beauty of large family life. Solidarity anyone?
4. Simply yogurt bars are simply amazing!! They are a perfect fix for when I am craving a bowl of ice cream and I can enjoy one without a guilty conscience.
5. Caden decided he was done nursing at 9 months, which totally threw me for a surprise. I will admit there is a level of convenience when it comes to bottle feeding, but the cost of formula is outrageous! With Caden kicking the habit I am left battling the post-partum bulge solo and I cannot believe how much weight I have gained and how hard it has been to get back into shape without burning those breastfeeding calories. Deciding whether just to buy new clothes or join the Beachbody craze and get back into shape.
6. Epic ant invasion. Feel like we have tried almost everything as we deal with the army every summer. Currently we are seeing what some essential oils will do to defeat the intrusion, so excuse the strong smell of thyme and rosemary. Any suggestions?
Happy weekend! Linked up with Kelly for more.