1. Call us lazy, but pumpkin carving didn’t happen this year. Instead we discovered these great foam stickers and were done in 20 minutes and with no mess. Next year we will step up our game. Putting it in writing to hold myself to it.
2. We attempted family pictures last weekend, after being rained out the Sunday before. A friend told me I was brave doing an afternoon photo shoot, I guess my rookie motherhood didn’t quite understand until we were left trying every bribe in the book for the 21 month old! What I thought was a complete disaster actually pleasantly surprised me getting more than one picture of Grace not crying. And now I know what she meant, brave trying an afternoon photo shoot. Never again.
3. The most calm and content baby just out did himself and is now sleeping six to seven hour stretches at night. Last night was a marathon and he went nine. Perhaps he can teach a thing or two to his sister. (Please don’t tell me it’s just a phase and in a month he will be up all night again.)
4. In a hurry making dinner as I needed to rush out the door to parent-teacher conferences, resulted in cutting two of my fingers. The only band-aids left in the house, neon green robots and bright orange basketballs. The boys a bit embarrassed that I would be donning the fluorescent band-aids while talking with their teacher, asked if perhaps I needed to take “knife training classes”. You know mom, where they teach you how to cut food using a knife, do they have those classes?
5. The moment you realize you just brushed your teeth with the cleaning toothbrush normally found under the kitchen sink that your 21 month old thought was out of it’s place and returned to the toothbrush drawer.
6. Blessed is She has some beautiful new products that will definitely make my Christmas list. Call me old fashioned, but my planner is still a book that I write in with a pen, so when I saw this one that also features scripture quotes, the liturgical calendar, a place for goals, meal planning, etc I knew it was a win. They also are taking pre-orders for their Catholic Journaling Bible.
7. Happy extra hour of sleep this weekend, which never ever happens for those of us with littles, they don’t get the memo.
And that’s my seven for the week!