1. March greeted us like a lion roaring loudly. Just when I thought spring had sprung we got dumped on with a snow storm Tuesday. School got called off and everything. Now looking forward to it melting and hoping it was the last for the season. Hoping the saying holds true and March will bid farewell like a lamb just in time for Easter.
2. A friend shared this recipe with me after I saw her son thoroughly enjoying his green snack. He wasn’t celebrating St. Patrick’s day yet either. I am going to give these spinach, banana, oatmeal muffins a try this weekend and see if my taste testers approve.
3. In addition to our Good Friday/ Easter Sunday tradition and the other practices we are doing during Lent, I wanted something tangible that a toddler could understand. A friend told me about sacrifice beans. For every good deed, kind act or sacrifice made a bean can be put in a jar. On Easter the black coffee beans become jelly beans. We started it a couple weeks late, but the kids are really getting into it even Grace.
4. The older boys have spring break next week and we are opting for a stay-cation. We have a list of activities to conquer and are hoping for a little warmer weather to perhaps do a couple outside ventures as well. Top of their list, laser tag, waterpark and trampoline park. Perhaps sledding or the zoo depending on what way the wind blows.
5. I am a little nervous for spring break and realize it will be a foreshadowing of summer with all four kids under one roof all day every day. It’s not that the older boys are trouble or require a large amount of my energy, it is the fact that Grace refuses to nap longer than 20 minutes if that when they are home. She is so used to our routine that on days off or the weekends naps go out the window and I am the one who pays the consequences.
6. Don’t forget to spring ahead. Solidarity as it messes with everyone’s sleep schedules especially the kiddos leaving the parents needing more of the caffeine that they gave up for Lent. ‘Tis the season of (extra) penance.
7. Keeping number seven short and sweet as I very much had my own lioness moments this week! Happy weekend!! Linked up with Kelly.