1. Coming in with quick takes a little late this Friday. A little picture-less as I hurriedly typed these out, nonetheless linking up with Jen.
2. UPDATE: I know everyone has been eagerly awaiting the results of the Fantasy Football match off between me and my spouse. Drumroll please…I won by .53 points!! Squeaking ahead by such a small margin made the loss even more bitter for my husband to swallow. You win some, you loose some…in this case I won!! Can you tell I have been embracing the bragging rights?
3. I guess with this victory I am now ranked number 4 in our league, so I am fully back on the bandwagon. Did I mention I was a fair-weather fan? Relishing now as I am sure after this weekend I will drop back down to 10th.
4. As I mentioned in my last post, prayers and thoughts this month in particular for all women who have experienced the cross of losing a child through miscarriage, still birth or infant loss.
5. I am often asked what has helped me find healing after a miscarriage. It’s one of those questions that doesn’t have a cookie cutter answer. Each story is different, each loss unique, and each path to healing a different road. With that said, the following are a few things that have brought me through the grief.
- Honoring the baby’s life with a prayer service, special remembrance or flowers.
- Naming the child and asking for their prayers.
- Journaling all the feelings and thoughts I am holding inside.
- Prayer, lot’s of it even when I have no words to formulate.
- Sharing my struggles with someone else who has been through it.
- Reading books by others with a similar experience.
- Taking time off work to allow myself to grieve and reflect.
So now I ask you, what have you found to be helpful in finding peace and healing.
6. We went apple picking last weekend and just so happened to pick a cold and windy day, complete with plenty of mud from rain the night before. Lesson learned, never go to the orchard on a growling empty stomach. While it meant I had a hearty appetite to try all the different kinds, it also left me with a rotting stomach as there are only so many apples one can consume in a couple of hours. Despite having picked an absurd amount of apples waiting to be eaten, I had to have a few day separation with them until I has ready to go back to the tasty snack.
7. And, that’s a wrap. Happy weekend!