1. Linking up with Jen and already in weekend mode! Just have to put it out there that I am really looking forward to the long weekend, sunshine and relaxation. We are headed north to spend the weekend with my family, complete with boating, campfires and a beanbag toss tourney. I will be sure to snap a few pics to share when I return.
2. Take me out to the ballgame! Summer is officially upon us when baseball season starts. The summer has commenced and I know where I will be spending a lot of my Sunday’s in the sun, on the bleacher from this view right here watching the husband play ball. For the love of the game, he will play baseball until he’s gray.
3. Earlier this week I decided that you know you really love your husband when, you are willing to go to the ball park the day before a game to help him take batting practice, I guess you could say wife of the year. In case I haven’t given myself enough credit, I readily claimed that the good hits and RBIs he had were attributed to my wonderful assistance.
4. In my neck of the woods, garage sale season is here. Signs galore on every street corner and yard, I do a little chuckle as I drive by them laughing to myself in utter gladness that the nightmare is over. Never. Again. Last fall, we decided to do a garage sale as a fundraiser for our adoption and we had several people donate copious amounts of items. Let’s just say there were a lot of late nights into the wee hours of the morning, sorting, pricing and setting up for the sale. I felt like I was back in college cramming for an exam! I like to think it took time off purgatory, but if you ask my husband he would say probably not considering the amount of complaining I did in the process. Not to mention afraid we were going to wake the entire city while my husband pounded in garage sale signs at 2 in the AM!! My reminder to never do it again…
5. I decided the latest craze song Happy would be a good theme song for me to play in the morning. More like have it on repeat a few times as I usually bemoan my alarm going off and having to get ready for the day. Needless to say, “because I’m happy” is usually not what’s going through my mind.
6. My younger brother is getting married in October, only 5 months!! I recently had a dream of his wedding, we were at the reception and I was asked to give a last minute speech. And speech I could not give, as I was crying uncontrollably. If this little dream is any foretelling of the future, safe to say I will be one mess. We’ll call this picture, Throwback Friday!
7. Happy Memorial Day weekend! In remembrance and thanksgiving to all of those who have served our country, fought for our freedom and given their lives.