1. With fall around the corner I am looking for some new recipes to add to the collection. We are not too fussy around here, but like quick or do ahead meals as I am usually pretty hangry by the time I get home from work. Give me the dish on your fall favorites.
2. Absolutely love this saying! And for the first time I truly felt it last week as we finally started making significant progress in our adoption journey. I don’t know if it was the dress I was wearing or the new feeling of an expectant mother showing through, but I received plentiful compliments. I think my colleague summed it up, “she’s glowing!”
3. There have been many ups and downs in the adoption process and I am sure there are still more to come. Riding the roller coaster of emotions, it’s not uncommon to be having a difficult day. My husband found this song and it has become our theme song in a way. We play it when we need a reminder, need strength and need hope to continue to press on in the journey.
4. Although we don’t really have a timeline as to how the rest of the adoption process will progress I am now at the point of wanting to get the house ready. Do they call this nesting? Almost seven years of marriage and having never parented before, I am a complete rookie in the needs and must haves around the house for little ones. Looking for suggestions and items I need on my list for toddlers and preschoolers…ready, go!
5. Football is my sport, not meaning I played it other than some flag football in college where I took being quarterback pretty seriously. Although, I contemplated turning in my pom-poms in 7th grade for a helmet and jersey. I grew up with only brothers who both ate and breathed football and I was always wrangled in for a game or some catch. So this year I am doing Fantasy Football for the first time and since I have absolutely no idea what I am doing I appointed my husband as the General Manager. Any shortcuts or helpful hints from the pros would be appreciated! (Reminiscing how last year’s season ended.)
6. My Maid of Honor came for a visit a few weekends back and can I just say how refreshing a girls weekend is. Amazing how God orchestrates meetings! Turns out we went to the same girls camp growing up and ended up in dorm rooms right next to each other in a completely different state. So grateful for such wonderful friendship!
7. Go over and see Jen and congratulate her on her new show! As a producer in Catholic radio I am looking forward to listening!